Helloooooo! Today is a very special day because we have a very important announcement…
We have a new blogger joining the team! Everyone I want y’all to welcome Angie with all your hearts and the same kindness you’ve shown us over the years. You may recognize Angie from Twitter or her lovely blog, Lady Knight Reads.
I’ve gotten to know Angie over the past few years and she’s an absolute delight. There’s honestly no one more perfect to join the team and I’m just so thrilled that we have such an awesome person to join us on this bookish adventure! – Shelly
Shelly did an amazing job of welcoming Angie to RSR (but she’s amazing at all things so no surprise there!), but I wanted to add in my little piece too. Now, the “mature adult” thing to do would be as gracious and eloquent as Shelly but when have I ever been a mature eloquent adult?! Instead I’m going to insert a gif to showcase my feels:
then I’m going to say some mushy words:
I’ve had the chance to have Angie as my friend for a few years now and I can’t begin to express how lucky I’ve been to experience her snark, wit, compassion (you are compassionate don’t you deny it!), and just overall badassness. I’ve been unbelievably lucky to blog with my best friend (WOOT WOOT SHELLY!) and now, by the grace of the bookish friends Gods I can say my cobloggers are my best friends. – Octavia
HELLOOOOOOO READ SLEEP REPEAT READERS!!!!
It’s me, your friendly neighborhood Angie, who is writing this at the way too early in the morning on way too little caffeine, so please bear with me and my extreme awkwardness. Also Octavia, I can’t believe you slandered me in public. COMPASSIONATE? PSHAW I SAY.
If you don’t know anything about me, here are the important things (other than my obsessive love of books):
- I love coffee more than a Gilmore and I am pretty much in a constant state of over-caffeination.
- I’m the kind of person who will walk around a BEA Blogger dinner wearing a tiara (see photographic evidence above).
- I came out of the womb fluent in sarcasm.
- Hamilton is the greatest thing to happen to the world, fight me.
- I am the textbook definition of a Slytherin and I embrace it completely.
- I am super passionate about diversity, LGBTQIA+ issues and politics.
- Octavia and Shelly didn’t even make me send them my Kindle or agree to pay half the costs so I can officially say they aren’t scammers
- I am completely incapable of taking myself seriously
- I suck at talking about myself
Seriously though, I am SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to be joining the RSR team. I’ve been solo blogging for almost four years now, but when the the opportunity came up to join two of my very best friends Octavia and Shelly (who also happen to be my birthday twin and wifey) on their blogging adventure I knew I had to take it. We are going to have sooooooo much fun and I can’t wait!