This post isn’t necessarily all about ARC April but I figure it’d be a nice time to share some reading tips for those who are participating to get through all those ARCs!
1. Read a short story or a comic in between to avoid slumping! I fall into reading slumps because I let books linger (which is pleasant and all) but if I’m pressed for time, I really need to focus on picking up another novel. One thing I like to do is to just read an issue of a comic or even a short story online just so I enter another literary world, but it isn’t for too long.
2. Plan a read or two ahead. If you’re terrible at making TBR piles, when you pick up a book to read, pick up the book you’re going to read after. When you start the second book, pick the book for after and repeat. That way, you’re not stuck in the “what book do I read next” game.
3. If you have a smartphone, put eARCs on your kindle app as well as your preferred e-reader. If you find yourself waiting in line or on public transit, this is a convenient way to read more.
4. Draft posts in advance! Format the posts for your reviews in advance so when you’re done the book, you can get straight to just jotting down your thoughts.
5. Stay off Twitter when possible. I deleted the Twitter app off my phone and have been using Tweetdeck to schedule blogging tweets so I can say that it works if you need to be more productive, and if social media tends to stress you out at times, it can be a great refresh.
Do you have any tips for faster reading? Let’s talk in the comments!