Ok I know I’m always going on and on about how numbers are not why I blog; and this is true. I blog because it’s fun and because I love it and you guys. But this year I do want to set some number focused goals for RSR. Now this isn’t because I’m a numbers crazy person who wishes to devour the souls of all our readers. This is solely because I’ve noticed a HUGE drop in our blog numbers across the board and I feel guilty! Shelly has been kicking ass and taking names when it comes to blogging and post and ARCs and I’ve just been skating on her coat tails. I’m not going to let “life” dictate my blogging habits, and by concentrating on our content and interactions I know those numbers will grow again.
1. POST DIVERSITY!!!! There’s so much more to us than YA book reviews and the occasional ARC review! What about graphic novels? A “kids space” for children’s books? Anime? Joint reviews with Shelly? Author interviews! Actual challenge participation post! Content is my #1 focus and I think it’s time we reached past “just” YA.
2. In 2014 our unique visitors for the years was 34,436. Not a HUGE number by some standards, but a number I was really proud off! We had a big drop in 2015 and honestly I just want to get back to that 35k mark in 2016. Not the most but, something (along with content) I can be proud and in awe of.
3. I also want to increase our returning visitors numbers. I mean, what’s the point in having post after post and interviews and giveaways if the only people who are benefiting are the people who just googled “book giveaway”? How is that fair to all those lovelies that’s been with us since the beginning?!
1. Read at least 100 books. I know for my super readers (Shelly!) this isn’t a huge goal but in 2015 I read less than 50 books…..LESS THAN 50! And to be honest besides a few they all were pretty “meh”. I aim to fix that this year. Especially with all the challenges I’m participating in!
2. Read more middle grade! Sometimes I see a MG book and go “oh my gosh this sounds so awesome and cute I needs it!”, but then I NEVER READ IT! Why Octavia?! WHY!? Well no more!
3. Take more notes. Ok this one sounds crazy but, you know how some people add a “my favorite quote” portion to a review? I’m jealous! I’d literally have to re-read the book to find my favorite quote!
1. Get 3 new tattoos. I currently have one tattoo that goes from my hip, up to right under my boob and is about the width of my hand plus a little. BUT THIS IS IT! I always say I want more but never “get the chance”. I will MAKE A CHANCE!
2. Do yoga at least once a week. So my new job gives me set days off each week and a damn good discount to get healthy. I’m not a runner. I’m not a weight lifter (is that a thing?!). I’m not a swimmer (unless it’s just for fun). But I do like yoga. Am I the best? Nope. But I like it and would love to find a local studio I can go to once a week for a class.
3. Monthly girls night! It doesn’t have to be dinner out with my “close” (proximity wise) friends. This could be a netflix binge night with Shelly! Or a cross country Disney movie watch. I just want to spend more time with my loves and I’m making that a priority this year. 🙂
So what about you? Do you have any resolutions for 2016 that you are 100% determined to accomplish? Lets talk about them in the comments below!