Hello my loves! Yesterday I shared with you some of the changes coming to this year’s ARC August challenge. I was still working out the rules so I didn’t post the sign up but after a little brain storming I think we’re good to go!
For those of you who are new to ARC August first let me say WELCOME AND HAVE FUN!! I started ARC August last year because I really suck at keeping my NetGalley and Edelweiss ratios in the green. I’m so bad in fact I do believe my ratio at the start of ARC August 2014 was around 26%…
But that’s besides the point. I wanted ARC August to be a month full of encouraging other folks who were drowning in ARC’s (and some who weren’t) to put some sort of dent in that pile. A month for us to focus on getting through those ARC’s, but also have some fun. And this year will be no different!
So here’s the deal:
- Type up a post saying you’re participating in ARC August!
This can be done on your blog, tumblr, Facebook, Goodreads, twitter or instagram. I seriously don’t care as long as it’s easy for you, and possible for me to go cheer you on at. Within that post share your ARC August goals with us! Are you shooting to read 3 book? 8? 27? TELL US!
- Link that post in the linky below! Make sure it’s the direct post so we can come visit you!!
- Grab the official ARC August button!
- Go vote on what I’ll be reading and what YOU’LL be winning! I don’t have any ARC’s I have to get to so I’m letting you all pick through my BEA haul, and whatever I finish goes in a GIANT prize pack!
- Vote on what Shelly will read and giveaway too!! My beautiful co-blogger is joining in on the fun and has a few ARC’s she needs to read and giveaway too! So hop on over to the voting page and see all the goodies that could be in the runner up prize pack!
- Mark your calendar for our very first twitter chat, August 4th @ 8:00PM EST!! #ARCAugust when chatting!
This challenge is all about having fun and reading all those shiny ARC’s you have sitting in your lap! So no pressure on what you don’t read, or “have” to read or any of that craziness. Just have fun with it!