Octavia and I are super excited to be hosting a mini challenge for the Spring 2014 Bloggiesta!
Are you feeling unproductive? Are you disappointed in your lack of progress when it comes to your blog? Well, we are challenging you to be more productive this Bloggiesta and we have the tips to help you do it!
1. RELAX! – I know that sounds weird but if you force a schedule or you force yourself to blog it will become work and nobody enjoys work.
2. Be flexible – I live to schedule. In fact I’m a tad obsessed with it and I will on occasion schedule an entire month in advance but life happens! Things change and you can’t beat yourself up because you have to cross something out and reschedule.
3. Be realistic – “Planning” to post everyday in a week is fine and dandy but is that realistic? No…no it’s not. And that’s not something you should feel bad about!
4. Blog and schedule when you’re in the mood – This one means so much to me. How often have you “forced” yourself to do something and the entire time it seemed like time just dragged and you haven’t even made a dent in your “I MUST do this all today” to do list? Now how often have you felt like doing something an accomplished all of the things on your list plus some things you forgot to add? We all go through blogging ruts and it’s perfectly natural to want to take a step back and catch a movie instead of writing that post.
5. Plan your way – We all work differently and that is probably the best thing about our blogs. They are different, they are engaging and they hold our personalities in every thing we post. Don’t let someone come along and say “First you have to do this, then you have to do that and once you finished all that you are a good blogger”. That is ridiculous and I won’t stand for “blogging gods”
6. Go at your own pace – By this, I don’t mean that you can’t use the same methods as other bloggers when it comes to productivity, I just mean that you need to figure out the right balance for you. You don’t have to schedule every day, you don’t have to schedule only 3 times a week. Write when you want to write and create your own methods. Figure out what’s best for you and schedule accordingly, don’t try to mimic someone else’s style even if you really really want to, blog how you want to and do what’s best for you!
7. Listen to music – I listen to music while writing reviews and/or scheduling. Heck, I’m listening to music while writing this post! This method might not work for everyone but listening to music helps me concentrate on what I’m doing and it helps me ignore the distractions around me (i.e. nosy family members)
8. Keep a schedule – Even though some of us don’t plan too far in advance or you might not want to, a schedule really helps. I really like using print schedules but they take up a lot of space (personally) and I sometimes don’t have the time to update them regularly. If you’re like me and you prefer an electronic schedule, I recommend Google Calendar. Octavia despises it but I love it, it’s really great! I use my schedule to keep track of what posts go up each day, track blog tour dates and schedule ARC reviews so that I remember to read the book on time.
And that’s it! I hope these tips will help you in the future or maybe even get you motivated for Bloggiesta! To help get you extra motivated, we are giving away some things!
We also challenge you to write your list of productivity and organization tips! Include a link to your list below!
Other Organization Tips!
1. This giveaway is open internationally as long as The Book Depository ships to your country
2. The winner has 24 hours to respond to the email that they entered with or I will be choosing another winner
3. Read.Sleep.Repeat is not responsible for any lost items or packages
4. The winner may choose a book up to $15 CAN value.
Hope you all have the best of luck with this season’s Bloggiesta!